Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Survival instinct dwells in a past that is inhabitable....

For those playing the at-home version, Mr. Random texted me tonight. Like usual, out of the blue. Nothing significant to report from the back and forth. I did learn that I could talk on my phone and text at the same time. It was weird.

The weather was fan-freakin'-tastic this past weekend. I managed to walk after work on Friday and Jen and I wandered downtown and walked all the way around the esplanade Saturday afternoon. We people-watched and snapped a ton of photos. I'm sharing some here:

I've always liked how people name their boats...

These fluffy cotton candy-like blossoms are soooo beautiful:

Even though there are those amazing blossoms blooming, there are still some bare trees down by the waterfront... we'll call these late bloomers. Check out the sky.... it was sooooo amazing in real life:

This is a Portland landmark:

This guy was flying a kite right down by the Willamette, who knew it was windy enough to fly a kite?:

Miss Jenni ate one of these, she got the last one and for only a buck!! Lucky girl. I watched her eat it..... and even photographed it so I'd be able to live vicariously through her. Mmmm... elephant ears.... cinnamon, sugary, doughy, fried goodness.:

2 comments:

Kelly said...

mmm that looks yum..what is it!!

Rachael said...

It's an elephant ear from Saturday market.... yet another portland landmark.

:D