Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another reason I'm single...

Like I needed another reason NOT to get involved with someone:

So a while ago, this guy and I were exchanging emails on POF (dating website). He was all about the phone and I'm just not that into chatting with some complete stranger (I'm shy). He said, "well, you can text if you want." So cool, I don't really want to randomly text or chat on the phone with anyone, with one exception: if they can carry on an interesting conversation. If it's lame or boring, I don't really want to waste my texts.

So I get a message from him this morning. He sent it at 1am, so of course, even though I was up at that time (trying to fall asleep), I didn't get the text until this morning. I'll disguise his identity a bit:

I check my phone text messages and it just says: "Its b***y how r u doing?" (keep in mind he hasn't messaged me on POF for over 1 week)
I respond: "hi there, b***y. it's rachael. i'm fine, how are you?"
His response: "Im doing fine myself u should send me some pics."
My response: "I should send some pics? pics of what?"
His response: "Pics of u."
I don't respond, but after a while he does: "So that's a no."
My response: "Why do you need pics of me? U know what I look like, right? I have pics online. I don't much feel like being photographed 2day." (The online pics I'm referring to are my POF profile pics)
Hi response: "it's nothing wrong wtih having pics of a person." (this just doesn't even make sense!)
My response: "I understand what u r saying." (This is a lie, I do not understand what he is saying.)
His response: "Ok, it's cool" (I did not respond to this.)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

The problem with online dating is most men are looking for a hook-up. My guess is he wanted "special" pics if ya know what I mean. Plus, men texting at 1AM, don't deserve a response. I mean, if you guys have been dating or are friends that's one thing, but just getting to know each other, you're not a hook up yo!

Kelly said...

lol I tell Kristi that all the time...he needs to call/text at a decent hour. You are NOT a booty call and don't let yourself be treated like one. That being said, men are retarded, you're better off without em!!

my word verification is unimedsm. I'm reading it like You Need Medicine

Rachael said...

hehe... I agree with what both of you are saying. Seriously? Special pics... even if I was dating I wouldn't give anyone "special" pics.

I know... I know... I'm better off alone.

I am laughing out loud at your word verification interpretation, Kel!