Monday, July 6, 2015

Wow! Did I really not blog in June? At all?!

So much for trying to be consistent with this.  So I have no real excuse except a friend asked me to participate in her trunk show Jul 11 and I needed to make cards for it and when I'm not working I've just been making cards.

:)  That's always my excuse for not consistently blogging.  Oh well.

I started an instagram for my cards and I have my regular instagram.  That should have been a fantastic idea, but has actually created a lot more work for.  :)  One will suffer, I have no doubt about it.

There are some underlying family issues with me these days and I'm not going to get into them, but they are bothering me.

For about the past few months I've noticed two things: I'm depressed and don't want to go do anything.  There are a hundred reasons for this and I really am working on it, but it isn't easy.  I don't have a supportive, cheer-leading family and friends structure (I know, I know everyone says I have to be my own supportive, cheer-leader, but I am clearly not being very successful in that department).  As a way to get myself out of the house doing things I know I like to do, last month I joined a couple meetup groups and found some crafty people and some photography people.  They have been good for getting me out of the house.  I haven't made too many connections with people, but I did find a friend in a stamp class.  Also, I have been meeting in a scrapbooking group regularly once a month.

I also know that I should see a therapist... but haven't made finding one a priority.  They are rarely covered on insurance.

2015 has been a rough year for me so far.  I am thankful it is half over.  I am already over it.  I regularly contemplate running away and fantasizing what it would be like to start over where I know nothing and no one.

Creating is the one thing that makes me happy.  I read this quote the other day (CHA facebook page):


It takes me a long time to create.  I contemplate, move things around and just take my time letting things happen the way they should.  When I hurry, I inevitably don't enjoy the finished product as much as when I let it happen in a slow, natural way.

As I create a sense of completeness washes over me.  It's my happy time, my thinking time and my "me" time.



No comments: