Monday, July 6, 2009

reading and life...


I just finished this book.  I really like it.  I always find quotes in everything I read.  Here are my favorites from this Good In Bed:

"You don't have to do everything alone," he said. "There are people who care about you.  You just have to let them help."

"Help," I said again, as if I were a baby, as if this was a word I'd just learned and could not stop repeating. "Help me.  Help."

These quotes remind me so much of what someone might say to me.  I never let anyone help me, I have resigned myself to doing everything alone.  

This grand jury experience has been frightening.  It's truly opened my eyes to so much.  I am disbelieving at the amount of crime that happens in my city... when the DA says that the crime rate is down, I don't see how.  My response has been to hang out at home much more than I used to.  Opting for doing something at home rather than going out somewhere public.

Anyway, that's enough depressive chatter, but that gives you an insight to what's been running through my brain these days.  I can't wait until I can return to work.  I only have one week left of grand jury duty.  Woohoo!

I've been scrapping a bit and have to scan some pages, but will wait till I'm all the way done (some of the pages need finishing touches).  Will post them later.

I skipped out on July 4th celebrations this year.  I scrapped at home instead.  I was invited to a couple of celebrations, but don't want to do stuff alone lately (so OVER being "that" girl).

I have recently started two new "online dating" profiles, but am too chicken to meet anyone IRL.  Which is no big deal, because no one has approached me or messaged me or anything.  I will only have time for "dating" over the summer, but looks like that's not really going to happen, so I'll just use that time to scrap instead.  :D

No comments: