Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl, Schmuper Bowl....

I started back at weight watchers & am determined NOT to give up on myself this time. I set a goal for the end of the year. Not sure how many pounds I want to lose, but upwards of 50, I think.... As time passes & the weight drops, I will refine that number.
So the Superbowl has arrived... and I care as much as I have in the past 37 years. :) Which is not at all...
It has been a busy weekend... I went out to dinner on Friday, A birthday party last night, & had another birthday party this afternoon.
I have been cranking out the cards as well. My customers have a lot of birthdays this month. I have a few on my calendar, too. I have a goal for a bunch of valentine cards, which I am having trouble getting to, because of all the birthday cards I am trying to finish up! :)
I love this one... my friend's husband turned 50, which means he was born in the 60s, so she had a 1960s themed birthday party for him. It was fun to make. The peace symbol stamp is from when I was a kid... I swear it is probably 25 years old, no joke. I remember buying it at Coombs on Vancouver Island.
This one is for my friend's daughter who turns six today.... her party is at a roller skating rink.... so I went with a roller skating vibe... I was kind of desperate for skate stickers or stamps & I know Unity Stamp Co. has an adorable one, but I didn't plan early enough to order it & have it shipped. I went on a search of Google Images for roller skates and found a couple of cute images, printed them out in color & fussy cut them out.
A fun, fairly simple girlie one for my number one card customer! Been dying to use this background paper... it's just so cute, quite old, though and I picked it up when it was clearanced out, so you know it's really old!

Of course, as I was creating, I've been watching movies and TV shows to keep me entertained. I watched the following movies: Smooch, Just Wright, The Puffy Chair, Preacher's Kid, and The Guardian. I also watched this TV show called Awkward (Season 1). It was pretty good for something that is on MTV.
I love listening to podcasts (started out in 2007 with Smodcast). I now listen to about 15 different podcasts and am always being turned on to a new one. One of my new favorites is Marc Maron's WTF. This weekend I listened to his interview with Michael Keaton and another one with Elizabeth Banks. Such interesting stories... I love that.
Tonight I started watching "Sports Night" a TV show from 1998-2000 (2 seasons) and highly recommended by Rick Emerson. So far it is interesting. I didn't expect it to have a "laugh track", though. I didn't even expect it to be a comedy, really.

No comments: