Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Back in less than a week?! Wha...?!?

I'm back and less than a year has passed. Unbelievable!
This weekend I realized I have a TON of card jobs for February. I also have a goal to make 50 Valentine cards to sell. So I have to get busy. Friday night I busted out the last January card & Saturday I finished a last minute request for another February card. Pleased with the results, but overwhelmed with my list.
I am trying to take it one project at a time, but it seems to be going super slow.
Watching movies/t.v. shows while I'm working on cards is helpful. I have been watching Brothers & Sisters, an ABC series from a few years ago. It is well done. Many dynamic personalities, LOTS of DRAMA & a few laughs make it interesting.
The movies I watched so far this weekend: P.S., Tiny Furniture, Zack & Miri, Bob Roberts, Open Season. TV I caught up on Daily Show, Jimmy Fallon, Raising Hope, Mindy, New Girl...
I finally saw Ted and laughed so hard that it made my tummy hurt. I have a HUGE crush on Seth MacFarlane. I finally saw The Hangover II, as well. I wasn't that impressed with the first one, but couldn't stop laughing at the sequel.
I have been cranking out the cards & am super happy with the latest results:
This card is for a customer who is giving a card to her brother-in-law & sister-in-law. They are expecting TRIPLETS, twin girls & a boy (which is why you see two pink hearts & one blue one on the ultrasound). I'm amazed & can't imagine both how fulfilled & busy their lives are going to be! This was such a fun card to make. Simple & sparkly! (Unity Stamp Co. - Ultrasound & "SO HAPPY FOR YOU" stamps)
Another for my number one customer. This was a fun card to make. I love the gold "R" and the rest of the colors.

Another for my #1 customer. I love this one. The colors are fun. I got to use fun "Sushi" stickers, some stitches, brads & a dangly tag and we are set!

I love this one. It is for a customer whose dad is turning 70 in a few days. He was a soda jerk back in his youth. I googled that and used it as my inspiration. Did I say I love this one?! Ha... I gave it to the customer and she had a blank look on her face. :( Made me sad, because I was so pleased with the way this came out! I made the sundae with my slice machine & used a new product I haven't used on a project yet. Enamel effects for the ice cream. :) If I remember, I will use it again for something. I can't wait for another project to use it on.


A customer asked for an aqua & white, feminine thank you card with some lace. The result is simple, yet effective. I customized it with the recipients initials (one of my favorite things to do) and voila!

More fun projects to come.

No comments: