Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Been busy, but working hard on not glorifying busy these days....

I had a bizarre week.  Over the weekend, I received a card from my friend's sick mother.  By Tuesday I was seeing FB posts that made me wonder if she had passed.  Took a couple more days to get confirmation about it.  In the end, she had indeed passed.  :(  My brain had a really hard time wrapping around the fact that I had received a note from Pat over the weekend.  She couldn't be gone.... just couldn't....

 So sad, she was such an awesome lady (always sunny and happy).   I have many fond memories of her during the holidays.  I'm sorry that my friends lost their mother and have no clue what to say during times like this.  I will be at the funeral on Saturday, so hopefully my presence is enough since I don't have the right words.

I will definitely make a card, or three.  :(

I haven't even cried until just now writing this, but Saturday will be messy and I'm bringing a whole box of kleenex with me.

Been making cards as usual and starting my organization of my zillions of scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies.  I probably go halfway through my 12x12 paper.




Cute card for a coworker.  This was fun to make and for a guy, he really likes my cards!



I didn't decide what "mom" occasion I will make this one for!  I guess I should do Mother's day, but could also be a mom birthday!

This is for my friend's almost 95 year old mother who hasn't been doing too well lately!


Thank you card by special request! Greens and blues and flowers were the inspiration!


 This was fun.  I got to use my new SU! pattern paper and some really really old flowers!



Had a good time making this one.  The april birthday  flower is daisy and the stone is diamond.  So I used some sparkly rhinestones on the daisy centers.  She's a hairdresser so I found some really old comb & blowdryer stickers and covered up the hideous colors on the blowdryer with sparkly rhinestones!  Polish it off with some SUPER OLD stickopotomous star stickers that matched the green color perfectly!


Fun generic baby card, super simple!  LOVE the tiny onesie!

 Another generic baby card, neutral colors!

 Love this card for Kristina at work.  I got to use the new OWL brad.  That ties it all together, don't you think!

 Older card I made for Kristina's stepson: 
 Cute tropical card.  Again, not sure if I posted it here already.  Love the way this one came out! Silver martini punch, tropical flower and a fun palm tree, including coconuts!







No comments: