Friday, March 29, 2013

Post consumerism guilt?! Nah, not much....

Well, I spent a bit of money at the CK scrapbook convention, but really tried to get stuff I will use.  We will see how it goes!  I had fun with Melinda: taking classes, going out to eat and making dinner at home!

Friday we had early classes, then did some shopping.  Saturday we had classes later in the day and then finished our shopping at the vendor faire.

Back to making cards Sunday, after organizing some of my stuff.  Last week, I got rid of my paper scraps.  I gave them to my boss's daughter to play with.  She is 10 and will create some awesome projects, I'm sure.

The rest of the week was scrambling trying to make some last minute cards with deadlines.

Finished the first season of Boardwalk Empire.  After a rough start, I found myself hooked.  Very well done show in my opinion.  VERY GRAPHIC (sex, violence), you have been warned.

Getting organized with the SCRAPRACK system is tops on my list these days.  It will be a long process, but worth it in the long run!

Made this one for a person, who decided he couldn't fit in meeting up or picking it up before delivering it.  Um, one word: Douche.  So it's up for grabs if anyone is interested.  Inside is blank (room for you to pour your heart out to your mommy). If not, I will add it to the stash or send it to my mommy.

One for my favorite guy friend, Jose.  He loves hockey (Winterhawks) and soccer (Timbers) and I couldn't decide between them, so just went with a generic hockey theme!  CTMH hockey stamp set, Slice die-cut hockey sticks, fun new skull brad (came in a pack with guitar brads) and stars with brads to top it off!  Really fun card!  :)  The envelope was the best part: made from an atlas page of South Dakota (where he is originally from)!
 Fun card for a coworker.  LOVE this background paper and have been dying to use it.  The puppy is cut from velvety paper and a tiny bow, dangly tag and star brad finish it off.  Let no one tell you otherwise, the tiny bows are a pain in the ass to make.  Perhaps just because I have ginormous fingers...
 Fun card for my Aunty Kitty.  :)  Simple stickers on vellum and trimmed a border around the edges on a black sparkly background!
 This is for Ruby (#1 customer's niece) who likes preppy clothes (argyle pattern paper), giraffes and One Direction.  I had to do research on One Direction, as I don't know ANYTHING about 'em.  They are no "NKOTB" (ha!)  I tried to mimic their logo.  Background is sparkly coral paper.
Fun BMW-inspired card for #1 customer. The recipient loves BMWs and was recently pulled over for a speeding ticket, so that is why there is a tiny police car.  That was fun to make.  Took a CTMH car stamp and added two tiny pieces of foil paper in red and blue.  Fun WASHI tape, a BMW logo and voila!
 I have issues with this one, but for the most part, I like it.  It is for my number one customer's husband's 45th birthday.  He is going to Vegas for a boys' golf weekend! Instead of putting the number 45 on the card, I tried a sneaky approach.  See if you can spot it!  Fun golf stickers,  gambling pattern paper, star brads, die stickers, embroidery floss (stitching) and a dangly tag finish it off.  I used my cutout corner punch.  I love that thing!

This was fun.  My friend Sandra has tea parties (complete with singing "I'm a little teapot" with her toddler grandson.  She wanted to introduce him to the concept of receiving mail.  Neat idea, huh?  I cut out a teapot and teacups then dangled the teacups from the teapot labeled the cups "Nana" and "Bode".  The inside has the rest of the "I'm a little teapot" first verse.

Next up: April birthdays off the calendar and Mother's Day cards...


No comments: