Monday, March 18, 2013

Almost the end of March?!? How can that be.....

Whoa!  Can time please stand still for a day or a week or so.... haha....

Saturday Theresa and I went to sign up for a sewing class!  Wish me luck... at this point, I'm not good at sewing.

I had a good, productive weekend and now I have a short week... Not a fan of short weeks to be honest... while yes, it is nice to have a day off... I always have to make up for the time off by working extra hard when back in the office.  However, it is for a good cause this week - CKC Portland!!

Watched a ton of movies and TV shows:

----Ricochet (again) - old and dated, yes, but love young Denzel Washington and Ice-T and crazy, young John Lithgow! 

----Get Him To The Greek - fun fluff and actually kind of funny.  I love Jonah Hill and Russell Brand and their silly, crude humor.  I laughed watching it a second time, so that must mean it is good, right?! 

----Boardwalk Empire - I could only watch a couple episodes of this.  The story is interesting, but it is set in a time when women are abused and mistreated.  I have a hard time watching things like that. It also has a LOT of violence, which I also don't like to watch very much of. The news is enough violence for me.  I will try to watch an episode or two at a time.

----Playing For Keeps - Four Words: Gerard Butler Rom Com.  Enough said.   I have had a crush on him since PS I Love You.  95% of that crush is his accent.

----The Paperboy - Wow.  This was an interesting story.  I watched it blindly (only got it because I saw ZE is in it) not knowing what it was about.  I found a lot of it disturbing (to the extent I'm still thinking about it and shuddering a day later).  John Cusack can sure play a creepy, disgusting, swamp trash character.

----To Rome With Love - I liked this one.  Interesting little vignettes all kind of tying together at the end.  I think it is interesting that Woody Allen continues to put himself in his films. A lot of it is in Italian.  I might have missed some stuff, because I was busy making cards and the way I watch movies and shows much of the time is listening to it with headphones and looking up now and then.  Works very well if I have seen the show a million times before, which is why sometimes I'll put something on I've seen many times before and know well.

Easter cards:  Had fun with these.  Got my inspiration from the back of the current PaperCrafts magazine.  I threw in a chocolate bunny on a few.  These got snatched up at the office today.  I have one left.




No comments: